Download the demo app "Stash," and see how Link Previews work when sharing HTML from IE10 on Windows 8.
Download the Demo App
1. Click on this link to download the zip file
. When prompted, select "Open."
This should open your file explorer and show a folder named "StashBeta."
2. Go up one level in your file explorer to the folder that contains "StashBeta.zip"
3. Right click on "StashBeta.zip" and select "Extract All..."
If you're prompted with "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer..." select "Okay."
4. Use "Browse" to follow the prompts to choose a location on your local file system. Once you've chosen where you want to save the app, click "Extract."
5. The project should be extracted and you should again see the "StashBeta" folder. Go into that folder.
6. Right click on "Add-AppxDevPackage(RunAsAdministrator).bat" and select "Run as administrator."
If you're asked if you want to run this software, select "Yes."
An administrator command prompt should show up. Wait until it says "Developer Package Successfully Installed!" and then hit any key.
Congrats! You should see the Stash tile on your Windows 8 Start screen. Click on it and stash away.