IME API Demo
This demo shows how to use IME API to create a better experience of search suggestion for IME users, including: 1.Avoid the IME candidate window covering the search suggestion drop-down provided by the site; 2.Get IME candidates and provide search suggestions based on that, instead of waiting for the user to finalize IME composition.
This demo shows how to use IME API to create a better experience of search suggestion for IME users.
- Add Chinese Simplified Pinyin IME on Windows 8.1 and switch to it.
- Go to "PC Settings" - "Time and Language" - "Region and Language".
- Tap on "Add a language", choose "Chinese (Simplified)".
- Hit Win + Space keys to switch to it.
- Type the city name "上海" (Shanghai) by typing "shang", space, "hai" and space.
- With IME API you could see and pick the suggestion "上海" right after typing the first alphabet "s", and the suggestion list is not occluded by the IME candidate window.
- Without IME API, you have to type the full "shang" and space to see the suggestion list, and it'll be occluded if you continue typing "hai".